RN/Medical Coordinator - Alternative Program/Substance Abuse Treatment for Offenders
Description: Full-time position in Pittsburgh, PA area splitting time between two inpatient drug and alcohol treatment/alternative correctional facilities (Men’s Facility in Oakland and Women’s Facility in West Homestead) to coordinate chronic and acute medical care. The position is scheduled for 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday with Holidays and Weekends off and no on-call responsibilities. Strong benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate resident medical needs with provider on-call.
- Maintain resident medication schedules for acute and chronic medical care.
- Draw labs through phlebotomy for every intake.
- Formulate new protocols and procedures for intakes, medication schedules, and any medical-related issue that arises.
- Complete the necessary paperwork with each resident during the intake process and as needed for medications, medical histories, coordination of care, etc.
- Give injections as needed and ordered.
- Obtain Vitals Including Height, BP, Pain level, Pulse, etc.
- Assist in any task determined necessary by facility and or provider on-call.
- Be a self-motivated individual able to work independently
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- 2+ Years RN Experience, preferably with ambulatory care
- Ability to split days between 2 different facilities
- Experienced in phlebotomy
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in developing protocols
- Experience with patient-centered care
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based care
- Ability to adapt to a work environment that is constantly changing and not always structured
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle for transportation
- PA Act 33/34 Clearances required (no older than 90 days)
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records systems
- Completely understand the healthcare privacy laws as outlined in HIPAA.
Please complete the online application and attach a current cover letter and resume.
Review of resumes/packets will continue until the position(s) are filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
THE PROGRAM is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to those principles. THE PROGRAM recruits, hires, trains, transfers, promotes, and compensates individuals and makes all personnel decisions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, physical or mental disability, and all other characteristics protected by law.