Position: Full & Part-Time Corrections Monitors
Location: Pittsburgh,PA (OaklandArea)
Reports To: Facility Directors
THE PROGRAM for Offenders, Inc. (TPFO) is a nonprofit organization that provides residential alternatives to incarceration, drug and alcohol treatment, and a wide range of support services to male and female offenders inAllegheny County,Pennsylvania. TPFO’s mission is to provide supportive services for offenders to give them a second chance and to give their children a first chance. The organization’s goals are to provide services that facilitate the reintegration of offenders into society while reducing the number of offenders returning to criminal behavior; to increase community awareness about the plight of offenders; and to provide programs that strengthen families and deter intergenerational crime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Be available to a work flexible schedule as set forth by the Center Management
- Have current knowledge of the criminal justice system and human services systems
- Ensure that clients follow proper rules, regulations and procedures in accordance with Resident Handbook
- Responsible for reading daily log
- Responsible for reviewing and responding to e-mail upon arrival and before departure from scheduled shift
- Responsible for sending accurate and timely e-mails regarding paroles, revocations and escapes as well as other vital communications
- Perform and document a minimum of three physical head counts per eight-hour shift
- Perform and document hourly security checks throughout facility
- Verify and record all medications brought into the facility
- Administer on-site drug and alcohol tests residents as required
- Conduct pat-down/personal searches of residents’ and their belongings as required
- Conduct searches of residents’ rooms, common areas and building perimeter as required
- Conduct daily employment verification's per shift per shift with current employers through either telephone consultation or on-site visits
- Perform front office duties including entry-exit procedures, answering phones and daily log documentation
- Verify identification and register visitors and vendors
- Escort residents on leisure and volunteer activities in the community as required
- Observe and document medication distribution at designated times
- Distribute and document the distribution of resident funds
- Oversee weekend meal preparation by the residents
- Visually verify and document completion of resident detail
- Participate in formal evaluation of resident progress
- Document pertinent shift activities in the daily log book
- Communicate with on-call staff any unusual incidents, and document all unusual incidents in the daily log book
- Report and document all resident rule violations
- Attend and participate in all necessary meetings
- Participate in professional development training that includes but is not limited to working with offenders, substance abuse, etc.
- Promote the mission and goals of the agency at all times
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
An Associates Degree or the equivalent of 60 college credits related to the field is preferred
A minimum of a High School Diploma or G. E. D. is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to obtain current Act 33 & 34 Clearances.
Must be able to obtain Allegheny County Jail Clearances.
Must be able to obtain additional clearances as required.
A valid PA Driver License is preferred.
Please complete the online application and attach a current cover letter and resume.
Review of applications/resumes will continue until the position(s) are filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
THE PROGRAM is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to those principles. THE PROGRAM recruits, hires, trains, transfers, promotes, and compensates individuals and makes all personnel decisions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, physical or mental disability, and all other characteristics protected by law.