Certified Recovery Specialist
We are looking for a full-time Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) to provide a range of non-clinical peer-to-peer supports to adults who have Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and self-identify as being in recovery. This position is part of an exciting new pilot program that will provide peer support across Allegheny County. It offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, paid time off, and retirement plan contributions.
The CRS helps clients explore and determine their recovery options without pushing them in any specific direction—and knows how to share his/her own experience of opioid addiction and recovery in a way that helps clients experience less distress, find satisfaction and contentment in their lives, and have hope for moving forward. Interested applicants who meet the requirements below will learn more about the responsibilities of this position during the interview process:
- Personal history of opioid addiction and recovery, including participation in treatment for OUD
- Willingness and ability to share that personal experience to inspire and educate others
- Ability to develop a strong rapport with people from any socio-economic or cultural background, while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Certified Recovery Specialist certification through the Pennsylvania Certification Board
- Familiarity with manualized tools that help clients plan and focus, such as WRAP for Addictions
- Knowledge of local resources that may help to meet clients’ needs and support their quality of life
- Past experience providing peer support individually and/or in groups preferred
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to obtain current ACT 33 & 34 Clearances.
- Must be able to obtain additional clearances as required.
- Valid driver’s license and full-time use of an insured vehicle, as local travel is required.
Please complete the online application and attach a current cover letter and resume.
Review of resumes/packets will continue until the position(s) are filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
THE PROGRAM is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to those principles. THE PROGRAM recruits, hires, trains, transfers, promotes, and compensates individuals and makes all personnel decisions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, physical or mental disability, and all other characteristics protected by law.